Searching for Sea Lice

Searching for Sea Lice

Wild Salmon Smolts

Wild Salmon Smolts

Friday, September 14, 2007

Ode to Brunost

By Kristin Hoelting

By name you are cheese
Although some disagree
And say that this cannot be

They say that your flavor
To them is a stranger
And needs a new category

Cheese should be white
Or yellow by sight
And brown is never the way

But those who are wise
Know these are all lies
And eat you three meals a day

I admit I am smitten
And I fear for my kitchen
At home when you aren’t on the shelf

For your taste it is sweet,
For me always a treat
Now an integral part of myself!

2 comments:

Speaking for peace said...

Hey, nice poem

Sally

Sandy said...

Very good, Kristin, very funny! But it must be your Norwegian blood that let's you like the stuff. After 30+ years in Norway, I still swear to the fantastic not-brown cheeses in this county! And no, brunost really isn't a cheese.

Otherwise I think your blog is great :-)

Sandy